I might be a bone head... but I had tried --with-auth=ldap by mis take when running ./configure

Blackard, Robert Robert.Blackard at tgslc.org
Tue Mar 4 12:53:03 EST 2003

Rather than saying that this was unsupported, it complained that it couldn't
find the auth_ldap library.  As I see it there are two possibilities.

First, Cyrus doesn't support LDAP authentication this way but rather through
SASL, and therefore this message is meaningless - and I'm a bone head.

Second, Cyrus does support direct LDAP authentication but since auth_ldap is
not longer shipped with RedHat 8.0 it can't find the library.  If this is
the case, and assuming the auth_ldap version in question is from
http://www.rudedog.org/auth_ldap/ <http://www.rudedog.org/auth_ldap/> , then
can I safely download this version of auth_ldap and retry the build?