MUPDATE master server

Rob Siemborski rjs3 at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Mar 7 11:04:20 EST 2003

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003 marc.bigler at day.com wrote:

> I am a bit confused on where should be ran the MUPDATE master server,
> should it be running on a Front End server, Back End Server or maybe a
> seperate server ? The documentation is not very explicit about this I
> think.

>From the documentation (install-murder.html):

     * One machine to become the MUPDATE master server. This can be the
       same as one of your frontend servers.

Presumably you could also run it on a backend with a separate imapd.conf file.

> Also is it possible to have two MUPDATE master servers for
> redundancy ?

No.

> I am looking to the best way to get a maximum of redundancy and high
> availabilty between two different geographical sites where we would be
> running Cyrus v2.2. Are there maybe any examples around ?

The murder won't increase your redundancy.  It will only reduce the impact
of a failure.

-Rob

Rob Siemborski * Andrew Systems Group * Cyert Hall 207 * 412-268-7456
Research Systems Programmer * /usr/contributed Gatekeeper