MUPDATE master server

marc.bigler at day.com marc.bigler at day.com
Fri Mar 7 14:50:18 EST 2003

>Its possible.  Make sure you understand that you're doing this for the
>shared namespace though, otherwise you almost certainly want a more
>traditional IMAP proxy like perdition.

The main advantage that we are interested in is that we would have two IMAP
connection points for clients located in two different geographical
locations. The user which would connect wouldn't care at which locations he
connects to the front end server because the frontend server would know on
which back end server his mailbox is.

>I think you should be sure Murder is what you want before you jump into
>it.  It solves a very special problem that most people don't have.

I think I will wait until Murder gets some kind of replication integrated
as that would really give a big plus to the whole concept. You would then
also have high availability.

Thanks again for your comments

Regards
Marc