delayed response from pop3d

Jon Rowell jrowell at place.net
Fri Mar 7 13:17:03 EST 2003

I have had a working version of cyrus imap 2.1.12 for about a month now
until last night when I upgraded to Tru64 Unix 5.1B.  I was previously
running 4.0g.

Since the upgrade, I am getting a delayed response from my pop3d.  I
have pop3 running on port 10110 and imap running on 10443 (as stated in
cyrus.conf).  If I startup master and then do "telnet localhost 10110"
I get the usual telnet stuff about "connected to localhost" and "Escape
character" but instead of getting the usual "+OK hostname Cyrus POP3
v2.1.12 server ready ..." stuff it just sits there.  The greeting
message does come up but it takes 5 minutes.  After the greeting comes
up, the server works fine.

Imap appears to work fine.  There is a split second delay that I don't
remember being there but otherwise it is fine.

Any ideas?

Jon Rowell