Setup problem - cannot create folders/admin/mailbox?

Joe Dennick joe at dennick.net
Mon Mar 10 20:55:46 EST 2003

Try using the following command to get cyradm to work:

cyradm --user cyrus localhost

It will then ask for cyrus's password.

Once authenticated, you can create your users with the command:
cm user.userid (replace userid with the appropriate user's name)

After you've done that, you can create sub-folders with the command:
cm user.userid.newfolder

I usually create sent-mail, drafts, and trash for all of my users.

Finally, after you've created your user's mailboxes, you can then copy their mail
from the old server to the appropriate folder on the new server.

I hope this helps.

Joe Dennick
joe at dennick.net