pop3d hangs on slow connections with large attachements

Ralf Hübl huebl at gibtec.com
Mon Mar 10 19:15:59 EST 2003

Hi List,

I have installed cyrus 2.1.9 on a SuSE 8.1
IMAP and POP3 works very well on the local 100MB/s network.

But some of my Clients have a slow dial up connections.
If this clients connect to the server via pop3 the pop3d hangs during the
download of attachments larger then aprox 100KB.
The clients software (M$/or not M$) dosn't matter MS Oulook / MS Oulook
Express / Netscape / PINE / fetchmail and so on ....

Before I had upgraded, I used an cyrus 2.0.16 on a SuSE 7.3.
There was the same problem and the reason for my upgrade.
Please Remarke: the problem occures only on slow connections.

Have every one a Problem like this ?
Have every one a Solution ?

ciao Ralf (sorry my english is to bad)

Ralf Hübl