Murder on FreeBSD box

Igor G. Lepyokhin eagles-nn at mail.ru
Tue Mar 11 14:00:58 EST 2003

Hello!

Could somebody help me to solve a problem with the Murder: there are two machines with FreeBSD installed, I tried to install IMAPd+Murder on them. IMAPd is configured according to 'Installing the Cyrus Murder' section of the documentation. So, the problem is when I try to create a user mailbox with cyradm, it is successfully created and cyradm shows it like, for example, user.test on the backend server, but "ctl_mboxlist -d" on the same server shows it in the form
user.test  backend!default test lrswipcda
When I try to synchronize the mailbox list with the master by "ctl_mboxlist -m" (it also stands in cyrus.conf in the START section), it becomes like this:
user.test  backend!backend!default test lrswipcda
And so on, every time when I reload IMAPd on the backend or try to push mailboxes to the master server. So, when I try to connect to the frontend server via proxyd, the backend can't find this mailbox and says:
IOERROR: opening backend!default/cyrus.header: No such file or directory
Seems, all the auth procedures are passed perfectly, at least, there's no warning about it.

So, why the host name appears every time? Maybe, somebody already was thinking about this? Pity, I don't know how it must work, either it is a bug or a kind of misconfiguration. Please, if you have any ideas about it, let me know. My systems are based on FreeBSD 5.0-Release, the backend and master servers are in jail on the same box (and also I tried to put the backend server to a different box with the same effect), Cyrus-IMAPd and SASL v. 2.1.12, assembled from the ports collection.

Thanks for the attention.

Igor <eagles-nn at mail.ru>