Sieveshell problems....

Nick Fisher Nick at nickdafish.com
Wed Mar 12 22:30:19 EST 2003

Hi,
  Like the subject says I'm having problems with sieveshell. This isn't
the first time I've had trouble with sieveshell but I can't find the
problem here. I've tryed googling and searching the archives but I'm
stumped.
Anyhow, I run the following command and get the following result......

# sieveshell -u test -a test localhost
connecting to localhost
Please enter your password:
Please enter your password:
unable to connect to server at /usr/bin/sieveshell line 174, <STDIN> line
2.

I think timsieved is working Ok. I have cyrus configured to use LOGIN and
PLAIN right now to try and tease it into working. Cyrus auths fine with
either of them.

"IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.1.11"
"SASL" "LOGIN PLAIN"
"SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope vacation imapflags notify subaddress
relational regex"
"STARTTLS"
OK

Previously I had a funny problem where one of the libs was missing but I
don't think that's the case now.

# ls /usr/lib/sasl2/
libanonymous.la         liblogin.la         libplain.la
libanonymous.so         liblogin.so         libplain.so
libanonymous.so.2       liblogin.so.2       libplain.so.2
libanonymous.so.2.0.10  liblogin.so.2.0.10  libplain.so.2.0.10
libcrammd5.la           libmysql.la         libsasldb.la
libcrammd5.so           libmysql.so         libsasldb.so
libcrammd5.so.2         libmysql.so.2       libsasldb.so.2
libcrammd5.so.2.0.10    libmysql.so.2.0.10  libsasldb.so.2.0.10
libdigestmd5.la         libotp.la           mux
libdigestmd5.so         libotp.so           mux.accept
libdigestmd5.so.2       libotp.so.2         mux.pid
libdigestmd5.so.2.0.10  libotp.so.2.0.10

Any advice or hairbrained ideas welcome.

  Nick