*ouch* Cyrus just died on me: DBERROR: opening /var/imap/mailboxes.db: Not enough space

Roman Hochuli r.hochuli at gpstechnik.ch
Fri Mar 14 13:32:52 EST 2003

Hello

>> Last evening Cyrus died on me. Fortunately all messages were queued and
>> nothing was lost, but I can't make sense of the error-messages.
>> And I'd like to know, in order to ensure this doesn't happen again.

This just happened to me too some minutes ago. Fortunatly I was able to
recover the database from a backup.

>> System is a SunFire V120, Solaris 9, Cyrus 2.1.10 (same one I messaged
>> a few days ago regarding the performance problems with ctl_cyrusdb)

I am running Cyrus 2.1.10 on a Netra T1 with Solaris 8.

Might this be attached with the lately discovered buffer overflow in Cyrus
2.1.10...?

--
Kind regards,
Roman Hochuli

GPS-Technik AG
Zürcherstrasse 139
8952 Schlieren
Switzerland
Tel +41-1-7329977
Fax +41-1-7311840

While talking a little bit annoyed about taxes:
"...at least it does not make addicted."
                                    -- 2002, Andre Wieler