Cyrus' performance

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Wed Mar 19 08:17:11 EST 2003

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Mike Lohmann wrote:
> I've got 20000 users writing about 2 mails/day, whereby one mail has approx.
> 100KB.

Looks like a spike-driven problem.

> What will be, in your opinion, the estimated memory- and cpu usage per user,
> when 100 of them send their mails at the same time?

Test it. It is very dependent on your platform of choice, and the way you
set it up.

I'd start testing with 512MB RAM, and a dual PIII system for that load, but
that's a crude guess. BTW, proper IO is important, so go for SCSI3-160
disks.

> (Is there a document which tells me what cyrus 'costs'?)

No, that would be pointless. If one is to check wether a system will work
for him, he is to do it right and *test* it.

  Henrique Holschuh