Cyrus' performance

lst_hoe at kwsoft.de lst_hoe at kwsoft.de
Wed Mar 19 08:51:51 EST 2003

Zitat von Mike Lohmann <mike at werk01.de>:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know the performance of a cyrus imap/pop3 server.
>
> I've got 20000 users writing about 2 mails/day, whereby one mail has approx.
>
> 100KB.
>
> What will be, in your opinion, the estimated memory- and cpu usage per user,
>
> when 100 of them send their mails at the same time?
>
> (Is there a document which tells me what cyrus 'costs'?)
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mike

If you use IMAP with a lot of users online at the same time (inside LAN) be
sure to get a lot of RAM (> 1GB) and tune your OS for many open files.
Be sure to chose a fast I/O system (SCSI / FC) and a filesystem capable of many
small files (XFS or something similar).
Split of the MTA to an other machine if the user send most of time to "extern"
addresses.

Regards

Andreas