sendmail 8.12.8 + procmail 3.22 + cyrus 2.1.12

Henk.Roose at cwi.nl Henk.Roose at cwi.nl
Wed Mar 26 09:32:56 EST 2003

On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 06:48:27PM -0600, Scott McDaniel wrote:

> I am in the process of replacing a solaris 6 imap server to solaris 8.
> I am trying to use the following software; however, I am still unable to
> get incoming messages into the users' inbox.  Any assistance you can
> provide in helping me configure sendmail to send messages to procmail
> and then get procmail to "deliver" to the cyrus box would be greatly
> appreciated.

[...]

> What I think I ultimately want to do is remove all the cyrus references
> in my sendmail.mc file and use procmail as the local delivery agent.
> Unfortunately, I've been unable to come up with the magical sendmail.mc
> file to make this work.
>
> If you could provide me examples of sendmail.mc files and/or
> /etc/procmailrc recipes, that would be best.

Try this in the sendmail.mc:
define(`confLOCAL_MAILER',`cyrus')dnl
define(`CYRUS_MAILER_PATH',`/path/to/bin/procmail')
define(`CYRUS_MAILER_FLAGS', `A5@')dnl
define(`CYRUS_MAILER_ARGS', `procmail -p /path/to/etc/cyrus/procmail.global CYRUSUSER=$u')
MAILER(smtp)
MAILER(cyrus)
#!EOF

And maybe this in the procmail.global:
##########################
## GLOBAL procmail recipes
VERBOSE=on
LOGFILE=/var/tmp/procmail.global.log

###################################
## Which rc files should we include
#INCLUDERC="/path/to/etc/rc/$CYRUSUSER-lists.rc"
#INCLUDERC="/path/to/etc/rc/$CYRUSUSER.rc"
#INCLUDERC="/path/to/etc/rc/$CYRUSUSER-default.rc"

###########################
## Set Cyrus IMAP Variables
DELIVER=/path/to/cyrus/bin/deliver
SPAMASS=/path/to/spamassassin/bin/spamc

:0fw
|${SPAMASS} -u cyrus
:0
|${DELIVER} -e -a $CYRUSUSER -m user.$CYRUSUSER
#!EOF

But, I would suggest kicking both procmail and deliver out and start
thinking about delivering via LMTP, use sendmail with the milter API
for spamtagging (which you didn't mention - I know - but couldn't resist ;)

Delivery with LMTP would look like this in the sendmail.mc:
define(`CYRUS_MAILER_PATH',`[IPC]')
define(`CYRUS_MAILER_FLAGS', `A5@/:|SmXz')dnl
define(`CYRUS_MAILER_ARGS', `FILE /var/run/lmtp')

Done to a unix socket (lmtpunix cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/run/lmtp" prefork=1)
in the SERVICES part in your cyrus.conf.

HTHHAND
Henk Roose                      Henk.Roose at cwi.nl
Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science
Phone: +31 20 5929333 Fax: +31 20 5924199