delivering to bb folders

Rob Siemborski rjs3 at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Mar 27 11:45:51 EST 2003

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Nikos Voutsinas wrote:

> Anyway, starting from, some MTAs (MSAs actually), capability of passing
> the authentication id of the sender, we might have to reconsider the
> retrieval of groupmembership and how, cyrus-administrators can benefit
> from cyrus-ACLs. In contradiction with some recent posts to the list I
> think that groupmembership could be a very useful way, to control user's
> permissions on shared folders or BBs, especially when we have a large
> user database, coming from different schools, departments, faculties,
> etc....  So we might have to focus our tries, in order to implement a
> nice groupmembership process(?)/backend(?)/procedure(?) whatever.....

I think I might know where our confusion is coming from...who is the "we"
in your statement above?

Cyrus 2.2 has a decent backend process for group memebership: ptloader.
(note that Cyrus 2.1 also has this, but its not quite as generic as the
2.2 version).

> PS: gorupmembership will always be "overhead", but this is also true for
> any new line in source code.

I'm not sure who you're arguing with here.

-Rob