Signaled to death by 11

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Tue Mar 25 07:52:18 EST 2003

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003, Oliver Pitzeier wrote:
> > > I'm currently debugging a signal 11 problem... I located it
> > > in getdatetime
> > > (imapd.c) and have to trace it down to the final "killer
> > > line".... I'm working on an Compaq Alpha DS10...
> > >
> > > Version of cyrus-imapd 2.1.12.
>
> [ ... ]
>
> OK. Kick my ass for this now... :-(
>
> I tried to copy some mails from one imap server to this new one (using Outlook
> XP and Outlook Express 6)... This is where the error occurs...

It is still a real bug. Cyrus should be resilient to fucked up input data
(as long as you are feeding it through lmtp or imap). If it is segfaulting,
it means that outlook is feeding crap to Cyrus, and we are eating it raw
(instead of complaining).

Unfortunately I don't have time to try to track it down right now :(  I am
using my Cyrus time to package 2.2, and fix the morgue stuff.  Maybe one of
the core developers :-) will do it.

  Henrique Holschuh