lmtp read error

Morgan Sackett msackett at suckafoo.net
Tue Mar 25 18:12:02 EST 2003

I have a freshly configured Cyrus IMAP system set up.  I am using
Postfix to deliver mail to the system, and I currently have it set up to
deliver via lmtp over tcp.  Whenever postfix tries to deliver a message,
I get an error.  Here is an example

Mar 25 14:42:06 kang postfix/lmtp[10398]: 537991FCA07:
to=<msackett at suckafoo.net>, relay=none, delay=10231, status=deferred
(connect to 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]: read timeout)

I get the same error when I use a local socket.

When I try to telnet to the lmtp port this is what I get:

kang# telnet localhost lmtp
Trying ::1...
telnet: connect to address ::1: Connection refused
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.

Then it just hangs.  What is going on?