/Noinferiors on INBOX

John A. Tamplin jtampli at sph.emory.edu
Fri Mar 28 09:04:05 EST 2003

Morgan Sackett wrote:

> Changing altnamespace to "no" results in seeing the folders, but they
> appear at the same level as INBOX.  That means that I cannot select a
> subfolder called INBOX.Trash, for example.  This will break all of my
> users.
>
> It seems as though this behaviour changes from version to version.
> 1.5.x gave the nested subfolders with altnamespace=no.  2.0.16 gave
> nesting with altnamespace=yes.  Now, with 2.1.12, altnamespace=yes
> gives /Noinferiors, and altnamspace=no gives same level folders.

1.5 did not have altnamespace, it was always INBOX.Trash etc.

What exactly is the problem with having \Noinferiors set on INBOX?  In
altnamespace, it does not have any subfolders. Ie, if I have
user/jtampli and user/jtampli/test, that will show up as INBOX and test,
and test is not a child of INBOX.  What client has a problem with this
arrangement?

--
John A. Tamplin
Unix Systems Administrator