Verifying if everything is ok after upgrading to db-4.1.25 ?

Shinichiro HIDA shinichiro at stained-g.net
Sat Mar 29 20:33:11 EST 2003

Hi,

> Hello all,

> I just upgraded my 2.2-cvs installation from berkeley db-3.2 to db-4.1.
> The new system now seems to work properly. I had to do some things for
> which I would like to know if they may cause future trouble.
> First of all I would need to know what these directories are used for
> exactly:

> configdirectory/db
> configdirectory/db.backup1
> configdirectory/db.backup2

> To be able to start the old installation if anything goes wrong during
> the upgrade I kept the old configdirectory and defaultpartition in
> theire places and copied them to completely other locations for use with
> the new db-4.1 installation.

> So here is what I did exactly:

> 1. Copied the old default partition /var/spool/imap to
> /var/opt/spool/imap without loosing permissions or timeinformation.
> 2. Copied the old configuration directory /var/imap to /var/opt/imap the
> same way
> 3. With the new ctl_mboxlist binary:
$> cd /var/opt/imap (the duplicated new configdirectory)
$> ctl_mboxlist -d > mboxlist.dump
$> mv mailboxes.db mailboxes.db.old
$> ctl_mboxlist -u < mboxlist.dump
$> diff mailboxes.db mailboxes.db.old
> Binary files mailboxes.db and mailboxes.db.old differ
> ---snip---

> If I now start the new db-4.1 installation by letting all tools read
> another default imapd.conf (changed in config.h at compiletime; I think
> idled does not support -C option right now ?) I get lots of DB4ERROR:
> entries in syslog and nothing works.

[...]

I am using db-4.1.25 with cyrus-imapd-2.1.12 now. I don't know about
db-upgrading(I did not upgrade db-3 to db-4 for cyrus), then I'm not
sure.

 $BDBSOURCE/docs/ref/upgrade/process.html
 $BDBSOURCE/docs/ref/am/upgrade.html ?

Perhaps these documents will help you?

  Shinichiro HIDA  mailto:shinichiro at stained-g.net
  GPG fingerprint = 5F2D 1656 FFF6 F691 A51C  5E61 E416 D398 470C 1CE9