cyrus-imapd + pam_ldap = ACL?

Gary C. New garycnew at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 24 05:56:45 EDT 2003

I've been using cyrus-imapd-2.0.16 with pam_ldap for
several months now.  I am currently trying to tighten
down my openldap directory and have run into a little
snag trying to write an appropriate ACL for this
setup.

Cyrus-imapd uses pam_ldap to query the ldap directory
anonymously and I cannot seem to find a way to require
either of them to use a defined process account.  My
goal is to disallow anonymous access within my
openldap ACLs.

Does anyone have a similar setup or might be able to
suggest an alternative method for locking anonymous
access down?

Thank you for your assistance.

Respectfully,

Gary