fetchmail and cyrus lmtp

Neal Lippman nl at lippman.org
Tue Jun 3 20:27:48 EDT 2003

I had a great deal of trouble with fetchmail forwarding into cyrus until
I added the "smtpname" clause to each line in fetchmailrc, eg you might
use:
	smtpname "raphael at localhost"
or some similar variant. I don't know if that will help you, but was I
was getting was lmtp syntax errors on the FIRST message retrieved with
each fetchmail run to do a problemin the way fetchmail was creating the
RCPT TO line in the forwarded email; adding the smtpname clause fixed it
although I was unable to pin down exactly where in the source code the
problem was arising.

Good luck.
nl