notes on Sieve and cyrus-imapd-2.2a

Carl P. Corliss rabbitt at xaraya.com
Thu Jun 12 19:08:29 EDT 2003

On Thursday 12 June 2003 09:54 am, Ken Murchison wrote:
> Carl P. Corliss wrote:
> > Figured I'd let you know what I've found so far while trying to get sieve
> > working on 2.2a
> >
> > lmtpd looks for user scripts in the default domain, and all domains, in:
> >
> > /var/imap/sieve/domain/[hash]/[domain_name]/[hash]/[username]
>
> I've looked at the code and done a test myself and can't reproduce the
> problem.  Do you have defaultdomain set correctly?

I've also noticed that with fulldirhash turned on, timsieved doesn't hash the
whole username (ie., user at domain) for default domain users because it is only
getting passed 'user' and not 'user at domain', however, lmtpd -does- receive
the whole username (ie., user at domain) and therefore -does- hash it
completely. example:

for user: rabbitt at xaraya.com, timsieved creates directory:
/var/imap/sieve/T/rabbitt

however, lmtpd searches in directory:
/var/imap/sieve/O/rabbitt

(note: lmtpd searches in that directory as opposed to
/var/imap/sieve/domain/[hash]/xaraya.com/O/rabbitt due to change I made in
sieve_find_script() that I mentioned in my other email)

'T' == dir_hash_c("rabbitt")
'O' == dir_hash_c("rabbitt at xaraya.com")

note: dir_hash_c actually only hashes up to the first '.' so it's actually the
same as: dir_hash_c("rabbitt at xaraya")

Gonna do some more digging through the code and see if I can find out anything
else that might help.

peace,

--
Carl P. Corliss