SSL wrapped sieve support (ala "imaps") for timsieved [LONG]

Scott Russell lnxgeek at us.ibm.com
Tue Jun 17 21:52:17 EDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 12:24:49PM -0700, Ben Poliakoff wrote:
> Thanks for the reminder about the -C flag for timsieved.  Using that I
> can at least limit the "allowplaintext: yes" to timsieved.
>
> So we can stumble along with this solution (and the stunnels) until we
> are able to come up with a STARTTLS patch for the PHP/Pear Net_Sieve
> class.

Ohh, didn't know this existed. I'm still using sieve-php.lib from Dan
Ellis with some CRAM-MD5/DIGEST-MD5 patches I wrote to avoid the whole
plain text password issue.

Does Net_Sieve not support CRAM-MD5/DIGEST-MD5 auth mechs? If it did
would that be good enough to solve your problem or are you looking for
SSL to secure the data transfer beyond the authentication?

--
Scott Russell <lnxgeek at us.ibm.com>
IBM Linux Technology Center, System Admin