ctl_cyrusdb error messages

petri.maenpaa at satakunnanpuhelin.fi petri.maenpaa at satakunnanpuhelin.fi
Wed Jun 18 06:53:14 EDT 2003

Hi,

Earlier today Thomas Robers asked about messages as below. I just
joined the list, so I could not reply. But I've found one possible
solution.

This happens if you start master process (as root) in a directory which
cyrus user cannot access due to the directory permissions. E.g.:

# id
uid=0(root) gid=1(other)
# pwd
/var/log/mail
# ls -ald .
drwxr-x---   2 root     other        512 Jun 18 09:01 .
# /opt/cyrus-imapd-2.1.13/bin/master -d
# ps -ef|grep master
   cyrus  2059     1  0 12:26:55 ?        0:01 /opt/cyrus-imapd-2.1.13/bin/master -d
# pwdx 2059
2059:   /var/log/mail

(pwdx is probably Solaris specific, but it shows process work dir).

Now if I change permissions on the directory to 0755, error messages
go away.

Maybe this happens because my cyrus user does not have home directory at
all?

--
Petri