install-problems with preinstalled sasl

peter pilsl pilsl at goldfisch.at
Wed Jun 18 07:41:06 EDT 2003

I'd like to install cyrus-imapd-2.0.16 from the tarball und use a existing
cyrus-sasl-2.1.12 that was installed via rpm on a new suse-system. (sasl2 and
sasl2-devel ist installed)

The sasl-files are installed in
/usr/lib
and
/usr/include/sasl
and the plugins in
/usr/lib/sasl2

configure --with-sasldir=/usr fails cause it doesnt find sasl.h until I symlink
all files from /usr/include/sasl to /usr/include.

If I do so, configure fails with the following:

checking for sasl.h... yes
checking for sasl_getprop in -lsasl... no
configure: error: Cannot continue without libsasl.
Get it from ftp://ftp.andrew.cmu.edu:/pub/cyrus-mail/.

Any idea to get out of this ?

thnx,
peter

--