SSL wrapped sieve support (ala "imaps") for timsieved [LONG]

Marc Groot Koerkamp marc at its-projects.nl
Wed Jun 18 11:51:27 EDT 2003

Scott Russell zei:
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 02:08:09PM +0200, Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:
>> Thanks a lot! I forwarded them to the maintainer of Smartsieve. He thinks
>> that they should work with Smartsieve as well ...
>
> Cool. It would be better if someone would handle rewriting the mhash
functions needed in pure PHP to eliminate the need of building mhash
into php. Last I checked mhash didn't come standard with the distros PHP
releases.

The avelsieve plugin (version 9.2) for SquirrelMail does support CRAM-MD5
and DIGEST-MD5 support and doesn't need the mhash module from php.
(probably calls hmac_md5 function from functions/auth.php inside
SquirrelMail source)
It makes use of the same methods we use in SquirrelMail to support
CRAM-MD5 Authentication and DIGEST-MD5 authentication against imap-servers
without mhash support :).
So it is possible to calculate your own hmac_digest with php.

Regards,

Marc Groot Koerkamp.