Sieve failure on deliverdb corruption...

Rob Mueller robm at fastmail.fm
Thu Jun 19 00:43:37 EDT 2003

Good point about complete lmtp failure. Our automated systems which try and
send an email and check for it every 20 minutes would have picked up such a
failure pretty quickly and contacted us... not to mention all the users :)

On the other hand... we have a script that continuously tail's the cyrus log
looking for certain conditions to alert us. I've just added a check in that
if it finds a 'DB_RUNRECOVER' error, it will automatically do a:

su cyrus -c "cd /var/imap/db; /usr/bin/db_recover"

Which should hopefully fix the problem without us even having to get
involved if it ever happens again :)
(If a problem still persists, it then SMS's us)

Is there anyway you can detect an error where db_recover needs to be run,
and do so. If that then fails, then you terminate ltmpd? Basically try and
fix, and only fail it you really can't...

Rob