question about cyrus

Rob Siemborski rjs3 at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Jun 19 12:59:36 EDT 2003

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Drew Weaver wrote:

> Up until now we were using popper as the method of our using retrieving
> their email, and with popper, as long as the user has an account on the Mail
> server, a mailbox is automagically created when sendmail writes their first
> message to /var/spool/mail.

Nope, thats not how it works with cyrus.

I suppose we could implement a create-mailbox-on-delivery thing, but then
your MTA would need to detect illegal accounts before they hit LMTP
(otherwise every spam to a bad address would create another folder).

> Does it work the same way in cyrus? if not is there a way to automate the
> process of adding/removing mailboxes, with our add/remove user scripts?

Look at the Cyrus::IMAP::Admin perl module.

-Rob