Best way of putting a single file into multiple mailboxes

Rob Siemborski rjs3 at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Jun 25 11:23:42 EDT 2003

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Ramprasad A Padmanabhan wrote:

> I dont want to increase no of concurrent lmtp connection on the contrary
> decrease them. I figured out the way of decreasing them But still the
> results are no great

Right.  By increasing the number of recipients involved in a single
transaction, you'll decrease the total number of connections.

Say you send a newsletter to 1000 people.  If each LMTP transaction has 1
recipient, that's 1000 connections (or atleast 1000 transactions,
hopefully postfix caches the connection).  If each trasnsaction has 200
recipients, thats only 5 transactions, which is much easier for the IMAP
server to deal with (plus it will gain you single instance store benefits)

I'm sorry, I don't know much about postfix other than that it needs to be
configured to include a higher number of recipients in an LMTP
transaction.

-Rob