Best way of putting a single file into multiple mailboxes

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Wed Jun 25 12:18:54 EDT 2003

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Ramprasad A Padmanabhan wrote:
> I dont want to increase no of concurrent lmtp connection on the contrary
> decrease them. I figured out the way of decreasing them But still the
> results are no great

I have postfix (2.0) delivering stuff here to up to 5000 users in a single
lmtp session (AND as a single message, too. We use it for site-wide
newsletters).  You just need to make sure all the limits (such as recipient
limit, per-transport limits, etc) agree.

Postfix will open one lmtp connection to cyrus, and use that for all it can
(that does mean to deliver a bunch of different mails to different
recipients). It will open a new lmtp connection only if all the current ones
are "busy" connections, AND you haven't told it not to (by limiting the
number of lmtp transports in master.cf).  It will tear down the lmtp
connection only after it was idle for a while.

  Henrique Holschuh