cyradm erros when reconstructing a mailbox

John Alton Tamplin jtampli at sph.emory.edu
Tue Jul 1 10:31:28 EDT 2003

Ezsra McDonald wrote:

>OK, I probably did something rash when I rsynced a few
>of my mailboxes to a new cyrus mail server. It was an
>unplanned migration and It had to be fast.
>
>One of the users can't delete messages in subfolders.
>she also can't move messages into these sub folders.
>
>I tried to run a reconstruct and got the following
>error:
>
>host.domain> reconstruct -r user.jessica
>reconstruct: Operating System Error
>
>Any suggestions?

Set syslog to debug and see what error messages show up in the log.  Are
the Unix-level permissions on the files and directories for her mailbox
correct?  Do you have any disk I/O errors?

--
John A. Tamplin                               Unix System Administrator
Emory University, School of Public Health     +1 404/727-9931