[PROPOSAL] Sieve for shared mailboxes

Rob Mueller robm at fastmail.fm
Tue Jul 8 12:08:17 EDT 2003

> > Should a script attached to INBOX actually be the users primary
> > (delivery) SIEVE script? If so setting that script via IMAP ANNTATEMORE
> > should have the same effect as doing so via ManageSIEVE.
> >

> True.  I hadn't thought about that.  This might be worth exploring.

I think this would be great. Personally I found the whole concept of having
an entirely different protocol to manage sieve scripts a bit bewildering
when a few simple additions to IMAP would have done it. I guess someone
thought it was a sufficiently distinct problem space...

Anyway, now that the ANNOTATE extension provides more aribtrary meta-data
abilities, I think being able to set user sieve scripts by it would be
great. Of course interactions with managesieve could be tricky, but still, I
think it's definitely a worthwhile goal.

Rob