Key too large error sasldblistusers batch adds

joe ritter glestadt4 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 8 12:16:49 EDT 2003

Hello,
I just added around 12K users to /etc/sasldb2 using a
simple shell script and a tab delimited file
containing username and password of users. When I go
to verify these adds using sasldblistuers2 I get the
following error message:

Key too large!

Thats it. I tried running strace on the command and it
didn't provide much insight. I also tried to do a
google search and managed to pull up nothing. I am not
even sure what key it is referring to? Has anybody
seen this problem before? I tried running the command
as both root and cyrus user. I would greatly
appreciate any help of feed back.

Thank you