installation help, please

Andreas Freyvogel afreyvogel at ecmarket.com
Mon Jul 14 18:38:22 EDT 2003

Hi everyone ...

I have been trying to install Cyrus and cyrus-sasl on a RedHat 7.3 platform
with not very good results. The first time I had them installed I could not
authenticate, as it told me no mechanisms available. I do have a working
version on RedHat 6.2 and I like it very much.

Are there any good installation instructions that also specify which
packages and where they all can be downloaded?

The strange thing is that RedHat 7.3 comes with cyrus-sasl but there are no
updated rpm's for Cyrus-imapd??

I am desperate to get this going so any assistance is GREATLY appreciated.
THANKS ...
-Andreas