Webmail -- What's recommended?

Michael J Barber mbarber at barbersweb.net
Tue Jul 15 14:53:14 EDT 2003

I don't want to get into a lengthy discussion of features but Imp has
spellchecking as well.  It is one package and one line in the config.  The
package ispell (I think) is on most systems I believe.

They both are very nice and work very well.

Horde/Imp/... has a very nice self contained structure.  Very little exists
outside the main directory tree.

Squirrel mail has more plugins but is spread out over the system more and needs
a bit of tweaking to ensure good security.  I've used both and like both.

In the end you cannot lose choosing either one, but choose the one that fits
your abilities and needs the best.

Michael J Barber
SUNY Plattsburgh
CMS Computer Labs Technician
116D Feinberg Library
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
518.564.2319
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Quoting Richard Houston <rhouston at rlhc.net>:

^^ I agree and lets not forget the huge list of plug-ins that can be
^^ installed to further extend the already feature rich system.
^^
^^ The spell checker plug in was a huge + for my users.
^^
^^ Thanks
^^
^^ Rich