Webmail -- What's recommended?

Jeff Warnica jeffw at chebucto.ns.ca
Tue Jul 15 18:14:37 EDT 2003

'IMP' is the mail reader component from the Horde project. They also have
components for what you mention

sieve rule builder => Ingo (procmail as well via ftp)[1]
calender           => Kronolith
address book       => Turba

and pleanty of other components. Kronolith and Turba are both stable, having
first been build into IMP. Kronolith CVS ..."supports shared calendars, allowing
others various levels of access to your calendar, better iCalendar support, and
generation of iCalendar free/busy information."

If your just going for webmail Squirrelmail may currently have faster apparent
developement, but the usual suspects over at horde have been focusing a lot of
there energy at the core framework, and laying the ground work for other components.

[1] only in cvs, but is beyond 1.0