Need some advice

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Mon Jul 21 12:03:35 EDT 2003

John C. Amodeo wrote:

> I do have another question on the same topic...  How can you ensure mail is
> delivered correctly (via LMTP) if the actual e-mail address is different than
> the domain Cyrus uses?
>
> For instance:
>
> email.dep1.rutgers.edu (Cyrus server IP)
> dep1.rutgers.edu (Cyrus domain)
>
> But the actual domain users send mail to is something like:
>
> department.rutgers.edu... or
> foo.rutgers.edu...
>
> Is this going to be trouble?

The envelope recipient given to lmtpd (RCPT TO) has to have the correct
domain, otherwise lmtpd won't find the mailbox path.  If you can't
change the addresses that people use externally, you can probably have
your MTA do the mapping for you.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127