ctl_cyrusdb -c reports "unable to archive environment"

Michael Ellis mellis at ellissoftworks.com
Thu Jul 24 21:24:12 EDT 2003

Hi, Igor.

I thought you might be onto something, as I am using the exact same
BerkeleyDB,  version 4.1.25.

Also, I've found that IMAPD and POP3D only work if I spawn MASTER from
/usr/cyrus/bin.  Well, I tried your suggestion and spawned MASTER from
/var/imap (configdirectory), but I still got the errors and, as I saw
before, my IMAPD daemon stopped working.

So, unfortunately, that wasn't the exact answer, but you've given me an
idea where I should look.  I'll try digging into the BerkeleyDB library
and see what I can come up with.

Thanks for your suggestion.

-Mike Ellis

On Thursday, July 24, 2003, at 09:07  PM, Igor Brezac wrote:

> What version of sleepycat do you use?  I use 4.1.25 and I remember
> getting
> similar messages awhile back.  Try starting 'master' from
> 'configdirectory'.
>
> I am using a different OS from you, so I am not sure if this will help.
>
> --
> Igor

Michael F. Ellis
President