deliver and p acl

Phil Chambers P.A.Chambers at exeter.ac.uk
Thu Jul 24 10:05:55 EDT 2003

I don't understand why the 'p' acl for 'anyone' is needed when using 'deliver -m'.

While logged in as user 'tester' if I use the command

  deliver -m test-folder tester

followed by a message, instead of going into user.tester.test-folder the message
goes into the inbox.  cyradm's "lam user.tester.test-folder" command shows that user
'tester' has 'p' access rights.  To get what I want I have to add the 'p' acl for
'anyone'.

The man page for deliver says "If the ACL on any such mailbox does not grant the
sender the "p" right..".  In my case I am logged in as "tester", so surely "the
sender" does have 'p' rights.

Should this be regarded as a bug?

Phil.