auto-create folder from sieve

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Thu Jul 24 14:31:03 EDT 2003

Is it possible for sieve to auto-create folders that don't already exist
when it tries to fileinto?  I've got a sieve script like the following:

require "fileinto";

# Filter spam
if header :contains "X-Spam-Flag" "YES" {
        fileinto "INBOX.junk-mail";
}

But the folder "INBOX.junk-mail" must already exist or sieve throws an
error in syslog (Fileinto: Mailbox does not exist) and delivers it to
INBOX.

It would simplify our setup and management of sieve scripts if we could
have the folder automatically created if it does not already exist.  Is
there a way to enable this?

I'm running Cyrus 2.1.13 right now, but the system is not in production
yet so I could upgrade to a newer version if that is required.

Thanks,
	Andy