Could not complete request over quota errors

joe ritter glestadt4 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 30 15:41:01 EDT 2003

Hello,
We had a migration here a couple of weeks ago from a
UW Imap setup to Cyrus. The old UW Imap setup was not
enforcing any quotas. We have a handful of users who
had mail folders migrated that were larger than the
new defauult quota for mailboxes. When these users log
in via squirrelmail and try to delete mails in their
inbox the recieve the following message:

Could not complete request.
Reason Given: Over quota

This is an odd catch 22 situation. I wanted to see if
anybody had  experienced this before and what they
were able to do to fix this.

Thanks