Could not complete request over quota errors

twk twk at ncsu.edu
Wed Jul 30 15:52:41 EDT 2003

joe ritter wrote:
> Hello,
> We had a migration here a couple of weeks ago from a
> UW Imap setup to Cyrus. The old UW Imap setup was not
> enforcing any quotas. We have a handful of users who
> had mail folders migrated that were larger than the
> new defauult quota for mailboxes. When these users log
> in via squirrelmail and try to delete mails in their
> inbox the recieve the following message:
>
> Could not complete request.
> Reason Given: Over quota
>
> This is an odd catch 22 situation. I wanted to see if
> anybody had  experienced this before and what they
> were able to do to fix this.

These kinds of problems are not uncommon. Squirrelmail is probably
trying to move the messages to a Trash folder, which is on the server,
which is now over quota. Have Squirrelmail delete the messages
immediately and it should work.

Tom

Tom Karches                    email : twk at ncsu.edu
Web Systems Administrator      phone : 919.515.5508
NCSU Information Technology