Multiple domains and Cyrus/Web-cyradm

David Hearn dave at swampie.org.uk
Wed Jul 30 12:25:51 EDT 2003

Okay - from searching through the archives etc - I can't seem to find a way of implementing an alias domain (which maps to a main domain's accounts - eg. bob at thisdomain.com is mapped to bob at maindomain.com and so is every other account @maindomain.com) without creating separate accounts for this domain.  I tried adding thisdomain.com to the Postfix var $mydestination - and also to the virtual_alias_domains var but Postfix complained that no local account was there for bob at thisdomain.com.

Therefore, I'm planning on having a perl script do a SELECT * FROM virtual WHERE alias = ???@maindomain.com and then automatically create enties in virtual table with alias = ???@thisdomain.com but keeping the 'dest' and 'username' fields as ???@maindomain.com  Hopefully this would create all the necessary local aliases to allow what I want to work.

Does this sound sensible?  I propose that either I modify web-cyradm to run the Perl script when a new account is added, or just run it as a cron job regularly (with a check that the entry doesn't already exist etc).

Thoughts?

David