Sendmail & Unix Hierarchy Sep

Jerome M Berkman jerry at uclink.berkeley.edu
Wed Jan 1 12:45:59 EST 2003

Ilan,

If you have F=w specified in the mailer definition,
sendmail issues that message if the address is not in /etc/passwd.

E.g., from an old, untried, sendmail.cf:

Mcyrus,	P=/usr/cyrus/bin/deliver, F=lsDFMnPqAh5@/:|, ...

Here F=lsDFMnPqAh5@/:| does not include "w".  Check if yours
does include "w".

	- Jerry Berkman, UC Berkeley