sieve notifyd method for sending sms doesn't work

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Wed Jan 1 10:25:19 EST 2003

mt wrote:

> I want to get the contrib notify_unix stuff to work. My goal is to send sms
> messages in case of important messages. This is my sieve file:
>
> require ["fileinto","notify"];
> if anyof (header :contains "subject" "test") {
>         fileinto "INBOX.test
> #tried       notify :method "zephyr"  :message "Important message";
> #tried       notify :method "notify"  :message "Important message";
> #tried       notify :method "daemon"  :message "Important message";
>                notify :method "log"  :message "Important message";
> }

AFAIK, the notify_unix stuff is not compatible with the new notify
code.  If you want to do true sms, then you'll have to write a 'sms'
method for notifyd, otherwise, you could use the 'mailto' method to send
the message to a mail-to-sms gateway.  Actually, you could just
'redirect' the message to the mail-to-sms gateway.
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127