Including UCD-SNMP support in Cyrus IMAPD

marc.bigler at day.com marc.bigler at day.com
Mon Jan 6 03:24:59 EST 2003

Hi there,

You are right, an ldd on the Cyrus binaries showed up kstat and kvm
library... Hopefully this doesn't use too much memory. Btw: I saw that only
the master binary from Cyrus IMAPD does use the UCD-SNMP library so
wouldn't it be a better idea to link only the kvm and kstat library against
the master binary ? If yes do you have an idea how I could acheive that ?

As you say it would be much better having UCD-SNMP dealing with those
libraries and not Cyrus IMAP, already tryed writting to the UCD-SNMP team
about that ?

Thanks again for your help...

Regards
Marc

                    Igor Brezac          To:     marc.bigler at day.com
                    <igor at ipass.ne       cc:     Scott Smith <scott at lackluster.net>
                    t>                   Subject:     Re: Including UCD-SNMP support in Cyrus IMAPD

                    01/05/03 08:32
                    PM
                    Please respond
                    to info-cyrus

On Sun, 5 Jan 2003 marc.bigler at day.com wrote:

> >Try,
> >LIBS="-lkstat -lkvm" ./configure ...
>
> I now had a try and it finally compiled perfectly ! Now, is that somehow

One small issue is that all your cyrus binaries are linked with "-lkstat
-lkvm".  This is not a problem except for a slightly higher memory usage.

> normal that I need to do that, shouldn't this be automatically done with
> the configure script ?

I do not thinks so.  The real fix is to build self-contained ucd libs.
The ucd libraries are kinda messy,  there are all sorts of cross
dependencies (libucdagent depends on libucdmibs and vice versa).  I had a
time trying to sort this out.  ;(

-Igor