Sieve reject working but emails get delivered to inbox ?

Christian Schulte cs at schulte.it
Mon Jan 6 00:35:13 EST 2003

Hi,

I installed the contrib/sieve-spamassassin patches and everything is
working in my 2.2-cvs installation. My problem now is, that sieve reject
     seems to not work properly.

require ["spam", "fileinto", "reject"];

if spam {
         reject "This email did not pass our spam-detection tests and
was identified as beeing spam! The recipient did NOT receive this email!";
         discard ;
}

This is a part of my sieve-script. It should reply to all spam
identified emails with the reject text und afterthat should discard the
email so that it will not get delivered to the inbox. This does not work
for me! The rejection-email gets send but the email will not get
discarded and thus gets delivered to the users inbox what I do not want!
How can I auto-reply to and discard emails with sieve ?

--Christian--