Per-Domain-Quota in 2.2 with virtual domains turned on ?

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Fri Jan 31 09:44:23 EST 2003

Christian Schulte wrote:

> Ken Murchison wrote:
>
> >I just committed support for per-domain quotas which works for all
> >domains except for the default domain (the code to make it work for the
> >default domain would be particularly crufty).  To set a domain quota, do
> >something like the following in cyradm:
> >
> >sq @domain.tld 1024
> >
> >To try this out, either do an update from CVS or apply the following
> >(relatively small) patches:
> >
> >http://bugzilla.andrew.cmu.edu/cvsweb/src/cyrus/imap/mailbox.c.diff?r1=1.134.4.14&r2=1.134.4.15
> >http://bugzilla.andrew.cmu.edu/cvsweb/src/cyrus/imap/mboxlist.c.diff?r1=1.198.2.29&r2=1.198.2.30
> >
> Sorry for not answering a longer time. I did not have the time to
> concentrate on cyrus the last  days.  I just updated from cvs and
> started looking at the domain quota. Could it be that the quota binary
> does not support the -f option for virtdomains correctly ? For me quota
> does not report anything for mailboxes for which cyradm displays data
> and so I think quota cannot fix also ?!

I'm certain that I forgot to look at the quota program when I added the
domain quota stuff.  Its also possible that the quota program is broken
w.r.t virtdomains in general.  I'll look at it soon.

> Actually I wrote a patch last night to get rid of mkimap -d! I added a
> new switch to imap/imapoptions which is called virtdomains_autoconfig
> and defaults to disabled. If enabled the function mailbox_create() in
> mailbox.c creates the configdirectory/domain/d/domain/...  and the
> sievedir/domain/d/domain/.... directories if compiled with USE_SIEVE and
> if the domain does not already exist.

I'l have to talk to Rob and Larry again, but I think that if we're
interested in creating the directories on the fly, we'd want to do them
as needed (create just what we need now, not the entire tree) and do
this regardless of whether we're using virtdomains.

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127