looking for Cyrus mail format documentation

Earl R Shannon Earl_Shannon at ncsu.edu
Fri Jan 31 09:37:50 EST 2003

Hello,

You are correct on all counts. I was simply trying to make a point,
and IMAP is the major protocol used to access the mail store, at
least it is here. Nor did I mean to imply that any server that one
set's up to see how things worked should be a production machine.
In fact, because one would be changing things to see how they
affected clients, etc. I would expect it to be a test platform.

But that does now beg the question. There must be some form of
coordination between the various processes as they access the
mail store. Can this not be abstracted out and put in an API to
make it easier for people to write their own applications?  I would
venture a guess to say that the API already exists in some form,
it just needs to be formalized and published.

Regards,
Earl Shannon