Folders must be in Inbox

twk twk at ncsu.edu
Tue Jan 14 16:21:46 EST 2003

David Borgesen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Our company recently installed Cyrus and we can not add folders at the
> same level as the Inbox.  He says we must place all folers within the
> Inbox.  Is this accurate, if so can we change it so I can have all my
> core folders at the root level and not within the in box?  Also my
> folders and mailboxes both look like folders in Eudora, any idea why?

You can fudge this in your mail client, but I wouldn't reccomend it.

This hierarchy mimics the way the mail data is stored on the server;
i.e. all of a users' folders are in the main mail folder (Inbox).

How is it that your folders "look" that is problematic? I thought
folders and mailboxes were the same?

Tom

Tom Karches                    email : twk at ncsu.edu
Web Systems Administrator      phone : 919.515.5508
NCSU Information Technology