lmtpd & sieve

Per Steinar Iversen PerSteinar.Iversen at adm.hio.no
Fri Jan 17 07:36:07 EST 2003

I am looking into using Sieve, we have been using the filtering in the
Exim MTA until now on our Cyrus IMAP server. There seems to be some small
problems with the Cyrus lmtpd + Sieve combination in our environment,
where everyone uses 8 bit characters.

Unlike the Sieve vacation command the reject command does not seem to
support any :mime option. Thus, if a message is rejected by a Sieve reject
command the report returned may well contain 8 bit characters, yet there
is no Content-Type header for the text segment of the report sent by
lmtpd. As far as I can see such headers are allowed by RFC1892 - is it
likely that anything will break if I hack lmtpd.c and add a header like
this for the first text segment of the rejection report? :

Would UTF-8 be a better choice?

-psi