Problem with invalid headers

John Straiton jsmailing at clickcom.com
Fri Jan 17 10:08:36 EST 2003

This one has been driving me crazy. I have a Cyrus/Postfix system in
place that is working quite well. However, I have one customer who tries
to deliver a particular message to an individual and I get a kick back
that looks like this:

Jan 13 11:22:33 courier postfix/pipe[72222]: 2DBF85058B:
to=<asncin at mx1.clickcom.com>, relay=cyrus, delay=0, status=bounced (data
format error. Command output: asncin: Message contains invalid header )

Which tells me that Postfix didn't mind the message, but Cyrus did when
it tried to pipe it over. This is confirmed (to me) by the fact that if
I redirect the message recipient to someone on a non-cyrus machine,
they're able to accept the message fine.

I've tried injecting this message with various lines of the header
missing but I either get A) the kickback or B) nothing

Does anyone have any idea on which line this could be dying? The only
thing I've been able to confirm is that it is not the From: or To:
lines.

Thanks for any input,
John Straiton
jks at clickcom.com